Denver, with Rocky Mountains backdrop, is a gem of city. Catch up on some the attractions of ‘The Mile-High City’ where more global tourists are flocking besides local residents.
Why Denver is a Travel Paradise?
The intrinsic charm of Denver lies in its association with gold discovery in Cherry Creek area in the late 1850s. From city attraction to shopping to amazing mountainside views and activities Denver is a golden treasure to explore. So, keep your plane tickets ready.
Top 20 Things to Do When in Denver City
The myriad ways to enliven holidaying in Denver:
- Park Attractions – beautiful parks of Denver are not only favorite haunts of local and outside guests alike. The best parks to visit are:
- Civic Center Park
- Cheesman Park
- Washington Park
- Red Rocks Amphitheater – On the outskirts of Denver is the famous Red Rocks Park which doubles up as the most happening venue for musical outdoor concerts in U.S.
- Larimer Square – This historic point is best to experience the aura of bygone 19th century Civil War buildings.
- Denver Art Museum – This cultural place attracts art lovers who have a penchant for indigenous works.
- Denver Center for the Performing Arts – Multiple concert hall and amphitheater venues abound in amazing night time programs.
- Denver Museum of Nature and Science – Dinosaur, Ice-age exhibits along with large chunks of gold are top highlights.
- Molly Brown Mansion – This mansion is a top-most attraction since it has been home to the world-famed Titanic survivor Molly Brown.
- Denver Zoo – Amazing wildlife is the most pleasurable attraction for kids and adults.
- Denver Botanical Garden – Beautiful ferns, orchids and stunning natural landscapes with a dose of entertainment (from national talents) ensure a steady flow of local and outsiders.
- State Capitol – Have a bird’s eye view of The Mile-High City atop the 250 feet high gilded dome.
- 16th Street Mall – The European style city center calls for a lovely stroll checking out for souvenir shops, boutiques and departmental stores. Beautiful trees and flowerbeds and park benches complete the scene.
- Kirkland Museum of Fine & Decorative Art – The lovely spot to check out some modernist furnishings.
- Coors Brewery Tour – How about tasting free beer at the most famous brewing facility in Colorado?
- Rocky Mountains Ski Resorts – Denver is the best entry route for the ski lovers. Drop here to get the thrill of the mountain pleasures.
- Lincoln Park Restaurant – Dine at The Buckhorn Exchange and dig into Rocky Mountain oysters.
- Book and Record Shops – ‘The Tattered Cover’ along with ‘Twist and Shout’ are two iconic places to check out for books and music respectively.
- RiNo & Santa Fe Arts District – Time to marvel at the wonderful street art that makes this place a colorful attraction.
- Cherry Creek Neighborhood – The finest place to experience Colorado with delicious cuisine, shopping vistas and art galleries.
- Coors Field – Catch some baseball action from this stadium (home to Colorado Rockies Baseball Club)
- Hiking Trail Boulder – Satisfy your adventure with amazing hiking tour to Boulder, city on the foothills of Rocky Mountains, close to Denver.
Fly off to a Glamorous Metropolis
Flight ticket booking can be difficult keeping mind the rush of tourists to Denver city all through the year. Make sure to book in advance to get best airfare deals on cheap domestic flights and international flights up to Denver from any place.