Mardi Gras, one of the biggest and pompous parties in the world, is held every year in New Orleans. Right before the start of Lent, the entire city plunges into partying, parades and parties. This part usually starts in January each year, and for anyone looking to be a part of this festive party, here is what you need to keep in mind:
Know When to Go
The first thing to remember when you plan on visiting New Orleans for Mardi Gras, is to when to visit. Although technically it begins early January, the actual festivities do not start until mid of February.
The first step to planning your trip is to know when to visit and to know that you need to book a flight ticket well in advance. Booking a ticket closer to the festival will, undeniably, be heavy on your pockets.
Planning your Stay
Once your air tickets are booked, the next thing to do is to find a place to stay. Confused as to how to plan your stay during Mardi Gras, here are the things to keep in mind:
• When it comes to choosing a location to stay, choosing a place to stay is everything. Decide on a neighborhood that you’d enjoy. Garden District would be a good choice if you want to stay close to the parades. If you prefer quieter celebrations, then Faubourg Marigny should be your choice. You could also decide to stay in the French Quarter, which is an enteral favorite of the tourists for Mardi Gras!
• It must be remembered that your choice of neighborhood is done once you get your plane tickets in order.
As mentioned in the first point, you will need to book your flights beforehand. There are primarily two reasons for doing so:
1. Closer to the Mardi Gras, the prices of the flights will sky-rocket. If you are on a budget, flight booking could be a problem for you.
2. If you do not book your tickets beforehand, you may find that all flights are full.
To make sure that you find air tickets to New Orleans and enjoy Mardi Gras, here are some tips to help you book flights:
1. When you are on a tight budget, it is safe to save some airfare deals for the end. Whatever coupons or discount flights vouchers you have, could be used to get an affordable price.
2. For your satisfaction and easy travel, you should opt for round trip flights. Round trip flights are cost-effective and help you stay worry-free during your trip.
3. Lastly, if you just decided to visit Mardi Gras, keep an eye out for last minute flight deals, which could help you find easy flight prices.
Know your Way
During Mardi Gras, some routes are closed off for vehicles. Do your research before you get there.
With the above-mentioned points in mind, plan your Mardi Gras trip. Before you get there, make sure that research and plan ahead.