New Zealand is renowned for its beautiful scenery, including spectacular mountain ranges, deep underground cave systems, huge glaciers, splendid hot springs, mesmerizing sand beaches, and the rough coastline. That is not all, New Zealand is also full of hidden places, extensive wildlife, and ultra-advanced cities. There are so many things to do in New Zealand that you might need to reschedule your round-trip flight tickets to New Zealand. You can check AirTkt for some great flight deals and grab low airfare prices.
Here are some of the best things to do in New Zealand that most tourists don’t experience:
- Visit Mount Doom: Situated in the oldest part of New Zealand, Tongariro National Park, Mount Doom is one of the most attractive active volcanoes. It is also one of the world’s best hiking experiences, which is about a day-long. On your small yet eventful journey, you will see several mud pools, religious sites, and spectacular hot springs.
- Experience underground kayaking: Lying on the west coast, Waitomo is one of the prettiest towns in New Zealand. Covered with lush green hills, mystic caverns, gorgeous glow-worms, and more, the underground kayaking, canyoning, and tubing experience in Waitomo is worth a lifetime.
- Go see Rotorua: The geothermal waters of Rotorua might have an unpleasant smell, but the boiling hot springs, lakeside view, and amazing mud pools will make this a memorable visit.
- Engage in sailing around the Bay of Islands: If you really wish to make your friends jealous with all that you are doing in New Zealand, be sure to go sailing far north of the Bay of Islands. Not only is there a vast coastline to explore, but there are multiple small villages on the way as well. Do pay a visit to Russell town, which is one of the best in the area.
- Do not miss the Cathedral Cove Marine Reserve: Whether you choose to go here by boat or on foot, the Cathedral Cove Marine Reserve is all love. The incredible sight is also home to the famous Te Hoho Rock, which was featured in The Chronicles of Narnia.
- Pay a visit to Whangarei Falls: If you dream of a picnic amidst the most wonderful creations of nature, go see the Whangarei Falls. About 24 feet long and bustling with strong power all year round, the Whangarei Falls will create a special place in your heart. You can have a picnic here or bust stroll by the bush.
- Stroll in the Waipoua Kauri Forest: If you appreciate history and nature together, there isn’t anything better than the Waipoua Kauri Forest. Go here to see the massively tall Kauri trees, which are also nearly 3,000 years old. The tallest of these trees is the Tane Mahuta, which is approximately 167 feet in height.
- Eat-in Hobbiton: If ‘The Lord of the Rings’ movie intrigued you, you will fall in love with Hobbiton. It is a famous tourist spot, but many people often go not to explore the whole set here. So, when you book your flight tickets to New Zealand, be sure to include this on your list.
Well, right from the time you enter New Zealand, you will be blown away by the sheer elegance and beauty of this gorgeous country. Make sure to take a long holiday to New Zealand, if you wish to explore all its glory. You can check AirTkt to grab the best flight deals.